The Voice for Excellence in Canadian Critical Care Nursing
The CACCN is a non-profit, specialty organization dedicated to maintaining and enhancing the quality of patient and family centered care by meeting educational needs of critical care nurses.
- Engages and empowers nurses through education and networking to advocate for the critical care nurse.
- Develops current and evidence informed standards of critical care nursing practice.
- Identifies professional and political issues and provides a strong unified national voice through our partnerships.
- Facilitates learning opportunities to achieve Canadian Nurses Association’s certification in critical care
The National Board of Directors consists of seven (7) Directors:
- two (2) Directors from each of the three (3) Canadian regions, Eastern, Central and Western, and
- one Director at Large (who may be from any of the three regions) elected by CACCN members.
- The Board appoints four (4) of these Directors to positions of President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Our eleven (11) Chapter Presidents report to a Board Director appointed as their Chapter Liaison.
All memberships are collected nationally:
- the annual fee is $75.00 (includes GST/HST) for a one year membership and
- $140.00 (includes GST/HST) for a two year membership (a savings of $10.00).
- We also offer a student membership fee of $50.00 (includes GST/HST) per year.
- Membership Definitions
The membership fee includes a subscription to the only Canadian peer reviewed critical care nursing journal – Dynamics: The Journal of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses, as well as a copy of the CACCN Standards for Critical Care Nursing Practice.